When to Apply:
- Apply in the spring prior to the germination of crabgrass and other grassy weeds.
- The best time to apply is from late February through mid-May depending on the region.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Do not apply when seeding or under newly laid sod.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Thoroughly irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation, but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
- Do not seed for 3 to 4 months after application.
There are no reviews yet.